The LifeStraw Family water filter has been distributed to almost each main global humanitarian disaster because 2005 plus inside wide public wellness advertisments inside the millions. The same rugged shape utilized inside places like Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Pakistan plus Bangladesh is today obtainable in North America because of fall 2013. The LifeStraw Family utilizes advanced hollow fiber development, synonymous to which utilized inside kidney dialysis machines. Usage: Hang top reservoir utilizing included string plus allow the hose hang down. Fill reservoir (scoop straight from a stream, or pour water into it). Removable pre-filter inside reservoir removes coarse particles. Gravity forces water down hose plus from hollow fiber membrane cartridge where bacteria, parasites plus viruses are removed. Turn blue tap to release clean water out little hose on side of cartridge. Backwash filter by squeezing red bulb with both taps closed plus then releasing dirty water from red tap. Do not drink water from red tap. Read included instructions before utilize. For each LifeStraw product sold, 1 student inside Kenya receives clean water for a year because of the donation efforts of the North American distributor, Eartheasy. Eartheasy’s objective is to offer clean water to 500 universities inside Kenya inside 2014 by the donation of big Community filters.
- Award-winning LifeStraw Family is used by over 13,200,000 people worldwide
- Surpasses EPA standards for water purifiers: removes 99.99% viruses, 99.9999% bacteria and 99.9% protozoan cysts to 0.02 microns
- Purifies 18,000 liters/4755 gallons WITHOUT iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals; Clean drinking water for a family of four for 3 years
- Gravity filter – pour water in the top and clean water comes out the bottom; Comes in a sealed bag, perfect for storing for emergencies
- Flow rate of 9 -12 liters per hour